Monday 21 June 2010

The Art House and Bandcamp


Played at The Art House yesterday and had a great time...There were some American tourists there who were really appreciative of my music, Thanks for the "tip" guys!....Also thanks to Kathryn for buying the C.D and for asking for it to be signed....Made by day!
It was the first outing of "Daisies and Dandelions" and it was received warmly....It can take a while for a song to really become part of you but when it does it is such a rewarding experience...It's not just the learning of the words and melody..You need to connect fully with the song and engage with it spiritually....I've had people ask me why I don't know the song when I wrote it...Well it takes time to absorb the song and be able to recall it at any given time....even Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen forget words sometimes!

Also I will be putting up some dates soon so if your out there in Blogland and fancy coming along to hear me play then I would love to see you....I'll be the one with the Guitar!

You can now Download my music at Bandcamp..Here I have my album "All in good time"
So if your into your downloads come and see me at jimchorley.bandcamp.com or just click on the link up in the top left of this page....

Thanks for stopping by....Jim

2 comments:

  1. If you ever want to play for more Americans (Alaskans specifically) Come on up! We have lots of room and I know lots of musician type folks in these parts. There are a few fun festivals to enjoy here too.( And I'll keep Lorna busy in the studio).
    I'll check out your song next time I'm near a high speed internet.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim...Thanks for that..I'll keep it in mind..Hope all is well for you in The world of creativity! All the best..Jim

    ReplyDelete