Monday 21 November 2011

Three Monkeys...

I played a great gig the other night at The Art House in Southampton...Its a not for profit arts cafe where they have loads of interesting things going on...The night I played at is called "Three Monkeys" and is a evening where three Singer/Songwriters get together and take it in turns to play a song each...Its like The Songwriters circle on BBC 4 but without the Cameras! I had a grand time and met some lovely people there...Hello Calv...Here is a link to The Art House
And also a link to Steve Lowis who is a fine Singer/Songwriter himself.He is the organiser of the evening...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jim, thanks for the links :)

    Yes it was a fantastic night, it was a lovely mix of music from 3 very talented artists. That was my first time at a 3 Monkeys gig, really enjoyed everything about it. Nice intimate setting, great music, a break in the middle for cake and tea...does it get any better?
    Bought your album earlier, i'll be passing the word to friends about your music too. Lovely to see Lorna's site too, two very nice, very talented people. A rareity but beautiful when it happens. :)

    Calv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim, me again, just to say i just received your album in the post, very much appreciated.

    All the songs are great as expected, but what i particularly like about it is that it's so "live" sounding. I know you say on your website that you recorded the album at home, but it has the quality of a professional recording whilst keeping the very live acoustic feel. It's like a being thrown back to the gig the other night! In my opinion, thats what seperates artists, take away the backing bands, lights and autotuners and see what they can do.

    So a big thank you again Jim.

    Take care,

    Calv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you recieved it Calv and many thanks for your honest appraisal...I'm delighted you enjoy it and will let you know when I record the next one...It was the "Live" sound I was going for and a lot of the songs were done in one take also to get that feeling across...Pleased you get where I am coming from...All the best...Jim

    ReplyDelete