Sunday 17 November 2013

In St Barts Church...I have heard...The sweetest songs of praise...

I premièred a commissioned song last night  in the beautiful Wiltshire Town of Corsham...St Bartholomew's Church was the venue for the celebration of 50 years of The Corsham Civic Society....The song called 'Corsham Town' expresses my feelings about the place and takes the listener on a journey through some of the town's history and it's famous residents...It was enthusiastically received by all and it was a privilege to play it in St Bartholomew's. I would pass the Church when I attended lectures for my Song-writing Masters and it was an honour to play it there.

  The evening was called 'Corsham in Music',  it featured The Jubilee Singers, The Jubilee String Quartet and The Choir of St Bartholomew's Church. They sang and performed pieces by composers from the town or related to it...I was honoured to be amongst such notable company as George Gay, Harry Spackman, Sir Michael Tippett, Wyndham Thomas and Nicholas Keyworth, who premièred a scene from his collaborative work 'Revolution' featuring Daniel Falber, soloist. It was a wonderful celebration of Corsham music which was enjoyed by all.

I am playing at The Pound in Corsham on Friday the 11th April 2014 and I am looking forward to it already!...Thank you to The Corsham Civic Society for the commission and to Mr Michael Rumsey for your hospitality, support and belief in me and my song-writing.






No comments:

Post a Comment